Previous Research Group: Neuroinformatics - Home
Note: This is the website of the previous research group "Neuroinformatics" at the IKW (2003-2009)
- For the current research group "Neuroinformatics" at the IKW, proceed to its homepage.
- For the new website of the group of Prof. Dr. Martin Riedmiller, proceed to their homepage.
Future computer programs will contain a growing part of 'intelligent' software modules that are not conventionally programmed, but that are learned either from data provided by the user or from data that the program autonomously collects during its use.
In this spirit, the Neuroinformatics Group deals with research on Machine Learning techniques and the integration of learning modules into larger software systems, aiming at their effective application in complex real-world problems. Application areas are robotics, control, forecasting and disposition systems, scheduling and related fields.
For a more detailed overview, see also our research page.
- Learning Robots
- Efficient Reinforcement Learning Algorithms
- Learning in Multiagent Systems
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Industrial Applications